Thursday, January 8, 2009

And here is my third necklace, which I just created last night. It is the final piece of beach glass I have, but I plan on collecting some when I walk the beaches in Santa Cruz with my mom and daughter this March, at least I hope to.
My mom told me today that she likes the smaller pieces, so she sometimes passes up the larger pieces if she sees them. I wish I could have those pieces! Pieces like that sell for $15 or so on craft sites. Not that I would sell them. I think I would have to use them. This is way too much fun. I'm really enjoying wire wrapping sea glass. The wire I used for the last necklace was a larger gauge than I expected, but it seems to have worked out all right. I'm also including the links to the first two necklaces in this post. I haven't listed the third one yet. Thanks for looking.

copper wire wrapped sea glass necklace

multi sea glass and purple coral necklace

2 comments:

  1. that copper wrapped necklace is beautiful! i have a bunch of sea glass from my strolling on the Spain beaches, but I haven't done anything with it. Do you do anything special to it to clean it? Mine has a bit of a white/saltwater dusting to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thanks so much for the compliment. My mom got these for me. She must have washed them already because they were perfectly clean when she gave them to me. You should use your pieces, or at the very least you could sell them on etsy or ebay. Beach glass seems to sell really well, and it always seems to be popular.

    ReplyDelete