Monday, January 31, 2011

She's following in my footsteps



So my daughter made her first beaded creation today. It was a bracelet. She actually went on to make a second as well. I wanted her to string a bracelet so that she could get some good practice with a fine motor tuning skill. She did wonderfully, if I do say so myself. Ok, I realize I'm bragging about my kid, but she's only three, and she was a natural. I'm adding the pictures of her bracelets here, even though they aren't great photos. I took them at night, so I'll try to update later. I gave her a limited variety of beads to choose from. At the time, I was mostly focused on how large the holes were, but she created her design and strung them herself. Who knows, maybe I'll end up showing off her creations again, if she persists.
I always imagined that she would share my love of beading one day. I just didn't know that day would be today.
Anyway, there are many more important things I would like to pass down to here, and I realize that in the scheme of things, this is pretty trivial, but there is satisfaction in seeing yourself in your child. I am proud of who she is, and seeing myself in her reminds me that this wonderful little person is a part of me. That is what is satisfying. In fact, I know that even my daughter knew how grateful I was. After I gave it to her, she kept saying, "you're welcome mommy," even when I wasn't saying thank you. Thanks for looking.

On a separate note, I just reopened my etsy shop for the first time after a two year break. You can see my new items in my etsy mini. There aren't very many yet, but I will keep at it. Today I'm sharing my beachy spring tone beach glass, turquiose and coral necklace. I guess I was ready for spring when I made this one, and I made this back in December. Oh well, it reminds me that there are sunnier days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment